• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Convert CSV from my supplier to EP file

mod300

Having trouble getting Easy Populate to wrok with csv file from my supplier. Have spoken with a few people and all agree it is with the way it is layed out on the spreadsheet. I need a way to get my information formatted from my supplier in a way EP will except it. I am trying not to have to pay inventory source every month for this information. If someone can help out here I am willing to pay for there time. Thanks

There is a contribution called "Easypopulate Data File Tools", though I very much suspect it is hardly (if ever) used by anyone except me.

One of the tools provided will import foreign data and convert it into the format required by Easypopulate. ie - exactly what you want.

Be warned though - one of the reasons I think it is not at all popular is because it's not a 'point and click' tool. You will need patience to set it up correctly for your needs. I've tried to document it well though, and on the support thread for it you might find answers to the most basic questions, but there aren't many questions posted there.

The current version may or may not print some warnings out when you use it (depending on your PHP configuration). These warnings do not actually affect its operation. I only recently discovered it was doing this and I'm going to upload an update to this very soon to correct the problem.

Rich.

easypopulate is used by many many members of the community. what gave you the idea it is only used by one person?

and it is a point and click, chosen in the admin/catalog section of the store and then there are many options given.

most find it hard to understand from not reading the easypopulate which is filled with comments on what you should/need to do at certainpoints.

here is the official support thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64945

easypopulate is used by many many members of the community.  what gave you the idea it is only used by one person?

NO no no no no !

I said "Easypopulate Data File Tools" - NOT "Easypopulate". They are two completely different things

Rich.

Archived