• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Now this is weird...

I gave instructions to somebody I had set up a store for (have got 4 running now). I told her how to change the image at the top by changing the filename in header.php from oscommerce.gif to her own file. She did more than that and ended up deleting 4 lines so naturally store is broken.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in .../hsphere.../includes/header.php on line 61

Ok, I think, I will just restore a fresh header.php and start over. NOPE still get same error message .

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ')' in .../hsphere.../includes/header.php on line 61

Hmmm ok... so I test it with a blank header file just to see if the line number in the error message changes. NOPE same error with same line number.

Tried commenting out the require header line in index.php- same message. So I'm guessing it is not actually the header file that is causing this.

I have looked at header.php and can't find anything that would cause that even in a brand new file from downloads.

Any ideas?

please....

It sounds to me like the file is not being uploaded to the server. Put something in your header file, like

<tr>
<td>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
</td>
</tr>

Then visit the site in a browser and look at the source code. Search for the X's - are they there?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That was first thing I did and trying IE instead of firefox. Try it yourself. nicethings4u2buy.com/store/

Well its fixed. You may see a logo or "test" at the top of store. My ftp program (filezilla) was telling me it had replaced the file but actually it didn't! grrrrrrrrrr

I deleted it and reuploaded and all is fine. Sorry for the bother.

Archived