• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

information systems project

nurul8

hi,

im about to start my final year project and have to design an information system of my choice..

I decided to make an online video rental site which would allow customers/users to register online and rent videos, dvds etc..

I am however very naive in how such such a website should be set up and have been told it is very complicated. Someone recommended this site but as a newbie i am very confused about where to start etc!

I would be grateful if anyone could help or offer me any advice.

Thanks,

Nurul

before looking at the software, i would sit down and create a project on paper, which shows how the site should work, from the top down bottom up. this way you have an understanding of what should happen.

then take a look at some other sites online who do rental, see how they do things.

then come back here, download the software, get to know it.

then start the implementation.

you can use your local system, as long as you install paache, mysql, php and oscommerce. oscommerce will work for what you want, with a bit of time . . .

you can use your local system, as long as you install paache, mysql, php and oscommerce.  oscommerce will work for what you want, with a bit of time . . .

do you think i will need previous experience in paache, mysql and php? I ahve only used mysql to my knowledge and am wondering if i will need to know about the other two in order to make my project?

Archived