• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problems with admin page

I'm trying to install osCommerce... the catalog page works, but when i go to the admin/index.php, i get

"1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

"

What does that mean?

Thanks.

the configure.php file in catalog/includes looks fine... so i'm guessing it's the configuration.php file in catalog/admin that needs changing? what should i be looking for?

thanks

no dont change the configuration.php look at the bottom of your admin/includes/configure.php file where the database setting is.

compare it to the catalog/includes/configure.php file

whoo! i think you hit the nail on the head :)

It now loads... i get

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/precious/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php:50) in /home/precious/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/precious/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php:50) in /home/precious/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Any ideas?

you have edited the file and left whitespace in it. search the knowledge base for headers already sent

you need to reedit the file and remove everything after the last ?>

no problem. so lesson to learn, dont change anything randomly, use the knowledge base and dont edit with the cpanel file manager.

download, edit and then ftp back to the site.

Archived