• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

changing the "stars" text

Hi there!

You know when you have a review it says "number of 5 stars!" after the stars image, and also on the alt text when you roll over the image of the stars...

I would like to change the word "stars" to something else, does anybody know how to do it please? Which files do I have to look in to change this???

Thanks kindly

Kitty

Hi there!

You know when you have a review it says "number of 5 stars!" after the stars image, and also on the alt text when you roll over the image of the stars...

I would like to change the word "stars" to something else, does anybody know how to do it please? Which files do I have to look in to change this???

Thanks kindly

Kitty

You need to go to your includes/languages/english/ folder and look at the files that have review in them to see exactly which one you need to change. There are a few different ones

reviews.php

product_reviews.php

etc.

Anyway find the one that has the text you want to change and change it.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

If your talking about the reviews infobox, the text can be changed by this line in languages/english.php:

define('BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS', '%s of 5 Stars!');

The text for the product_reviews.php, product_reviews_info.php pages would be in

the corresponding lanuage files.

And as for the alt text, these changes effect that aswell.

There are also some entries for this text in languages/english/reviews.php and admin/includes/languages/english/reviews.php (search for the word 'stars' in these files).

Hope this info helps.

** Sorry, didn't see the last post.

Thanks for your help! I have changed the word, great stuff!

Just getting used to the way this PHP stuff works, only usually use html and flash!

Could I also ask, does anybody know why when I send a HTML news letter to my email addresses, the hotmail address recieves it fine, but my mail prog just shows as HTML code... even though I recieve HTML emails from other people fine?

Thanks again kindly!

Kitty :)

Archived