• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

database table prefix

zorbas2

Hi All,

I tried a search but could'nt find anything...

I would really need a version of 2.2MS2 with table name prefixes. Does anyone now about a contribution regarding this and could give me a link?

Stephan

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Just open the oscommerce.sql file add and the prefixes manually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Wow - never thought that it would be that easy!!

I thought I would need to tell the system also that prefix and searched for a variable in configure.php

But somewhere this prefix must be implemented: So what would happen if I would alter all table names now - after the installation??

Thanks,

Stephan

Hmmn, actually, I told you wrong. You can certainly add prefixes to all the tables, but there are around 1000 queries that owuld also have to be changed to query the new named tables.

No, I'm afraid there isn't a fix for this right now.

Sorry, I odn't know what the heck I was thinking there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hi,

just thinking: Even though there are 1000 queries, you would just do a search&replace for the table names in the script - then it should be done - hopefully...

I think this is a very common problem: I got more than 200 tables in my database and I am not able to create a second one. So it would help me a lot if the tables had prefixes. Also it would prevent - in case of existing same named tables - messing in the database. Something should be done about it - dont you think?

Stephan

yes, I believe that they are working on, and may have even finished a model where all of the tables names are defined in a 'tablenames' file. Not sure when this will be implemented, or if it has been already.

Archived