• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Some one has have a simple answer

EVILer

i have been searching theses forums from top to bottom and cant find ANYTHING that can give me a straight simple answer.

ok here are all my questions........

1. which files are responsible for sending out the e-mails? like: new aacount,order confirmation, all the mail that gets sent to the client in other words! AND how do i edit them for sending in html????????

2. If a new order is placed why doesn't the client get an e-mail confirmation?????

what file/s do i need to check??????(the setting in the admin are correct! i can send mails and updates to orders to the client the only thing it doesnt do is send the mail AFTER an order has been placed....GOING MAD........)

we need a thread simply for e-mail questions and answers....

for all you php masters out there help a html guy come into your world!!!!

please please!!!! :'( :'( :'(

1.) I'm not sure with newer versions of OSC, I'm on one about a year old, but in my version, it's in /catalog/checkout_process.php and /catalog/create_account_process.php. In newer versions, they may have streamlined those files in the checkout_success.php and create_account_success.php. Look for the tep_mail function call. To edit what's being sent, look in the cooresponding file in the languages directory, or in the english.php language directory. To send email in HTML, look in the contributions section, and find the contribution that helps with this.

2.) They are supposed to. If they do not, but they still get emails if your send them a newsletter ot products notification or email through the OSC admin interface, that's usually an indication that you've tried to make a change to the text the is being sent in the email, and you've made an error. The most common error by far is an unescaped single quote. If you've made a change like this, post it here, and we'll check it over for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

thanks for the help!!!

the thing is i havent changed anything in the emails so far!! i saw this bug when i did the first test.

i dont know what is going on

the updates work fine its just the confirmation(the confirmation should be sent with all orders right?????? not just check or credit orders?????)

the most important thing she needs at this stage is the confirmation, the site is far from being finished but i have to get these things working. :blink:

The confirmation should be sent with all orders, yes. Does it work with check orders?

If you haven't made any changes, and it works for some features, but not others, then it could be any number of things. I'd really have to dig into the code to find out what.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

PM sent.

Archived