• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing a tables color

smestas

Greetings all!

My first post here of many to come. Can anyone guide me to how to change the color of the pink highlighted area in my image below? I'd like to make the background color white. I tried editing the CSS file but to no avail. Do I need to change this in a PHP file perhaps. Any assistance on how to achive this would be appreciated. :D

bbcart.gif

Simon Mestas

Greetings all!

My first post here of many to come. Can anyone guide me to how to change the color of the pink highlighted area in my image below? I'd like to make the background color white. I tried editing the CSS file but to no avail. Do I need to change this in a PHP file perhaps. Any assistance on how to achive this would be appreciated.  :D

bbcart.gif

you are right about doing it in the css file! are you using sts?

if you are check the css file in the root of you shop and then check if there is an exact copy of that css file in your /inludes/ folder with your sts_template file

(the template should be linked to the css file in the /includes directory not the root)

hope this helps it worked for me!

Im not too sure what STS is but Ive just been editing the pages and CSS that came with the downloaded package. Ive tried just about every CSS option that there is and I think that the color for the table must be in a PHP file but Im not to sure which one or ones I need to edit.

Anyone else know??

Simon Mestas

i use topstyle to edit my stylesheets makes it easy to find the colors. you only need the demo version as all you want to do is see what colors correspond to what.

another way is to look at the page, and from what i can see, the word 'Checkout' (end of the line before the bar) is there, thus I would search for that in the view source, then look at the class in the next few lines, see what the colors are. you should find it then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have taken a simpler approach to resolving a similar issue, although I am not exactly sure if this will work in your case. I hope it helps:

Open the index.php in Dreamweaver and in design mode you will notice the tables. It seems to me that one of your table borders (or similar portion of that file) is colored pink simply click on the offending portion and change the color.

Hey I am pretty new to this so if I am way off track...Please let me know.

:)

Archived