• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need php help

Jack_mcs

I'm trying to write a contribution that requires files from the catalog directory to be read in. New files will then be generated and saved. Some files from the contribution package will also be required. So either the user has to upload them or I have to. The code is already done and works on my home computer. It also works on my hosts but afterwards the files are not deletable. I know the reason for this but can't find a way around it. I have tried to chown the files but it turns out my host doesn't allow that to be done.

There are a number of ways I can go, like ftp'ing the files, but the purpose of the script is to make things easier. Many new users have a hard time ftp'ing so doing it this way would probably cause more problems rather than reduce them, thus defeating the purpose of the contribution.

I thought maybe the best way would be to do it like Backup is done in admin. But in order to do that, the user would have to copy a large number of work files from his shop to admin and that starts getting dangerous.

I could just leave it as is and state that it only works if you have a server installed on your computer. But the contribution is aimed at new users so it is unlikely they will have such a setup.

So does anyone know of a way around this? Any suggestions?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons