• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to create a module from zero

BlackCat2

Hi All,

I have a fairly complicated shipping calculation needed for my oscommerce implementation. I want to 3 different shipping cost depending on where the goods are going to be sent.

1.) If within Melbourne (same city), I would like to use courier, fixed rate.

2.) If within Australia, I would like to use Australia Air Express which is calculated by weight and zone as well.

3.) If it is shipped to address outside of Australia, I would like to use DHL which is also calculated by weight and zone.

I don't think there's a readily available shipping module for this. If I'm wrong please correct me and let me know where I can get it. I would be very grateful since it will save me heaps of time.

Anyway, since there's no available shipping module for this so I thought I would create one myself and I would appreciate some pointers or links to webpages that could teach me how to do this.

I would be happy to put the end result into the contribution section.

Thanks heaps in advance.