• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't create new accounts

lbcabe

Hi,

I have installed osCommerce correctly(I believe) and all the links are working fine and admin as well. But the create account and log in links from the main page are not working. Any ideas? I have no idea what is happening. I can add a user to the database but only through the admin pages. I noticed that the create_account and login php pages are in my public_html directory on the webserver. On my local machine they are in the catalogs folder. Is there some path that needs to be changed to indicate that there is no catalogs folder but just in the main folder? I'm guessing that is my problem but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abe

it all depends upon where you have the catalog on the server. have yo u made any contribution changes/additions?

has this ever worked before?

how are you creating the account in the admin section?

I do not have a catalog folder on the web host server that im using. I have the index.php file in my public_html directory. Is this ok? I did this so that the main web address would go directly to the the oscommerce implemented pages. All the other links work fine but for some reason the create_account.php page won't load.

Any advice?

thanks,

abe

I realized what the problem is but I need help finding out how to fix it.

The Problem - On the main index.php page, the links "log yourself in" and "create an account" seem to go to pages that are not in my web host directory. When I look in it, they are actually there but for some reason won't load. I then checked the actual URL and put the exact one in and would get the appropriate screen. The link that corresponds to the above mentioned contain an "s" in http. It looks like this...

https://yoursitename.com/login.php.

If I take the "s" away, I get to the right site and everything works fine. Can someone please tell me where I can fix this so that it works throughout all the links in the different pages?

THanks in advance,

abe

Archived