• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Web Site Speed

DELETE_ME

I have finally worked out the kinks in getting a load balanced web server enviorment on our e-commerce site. I also just installed a full t1 (for a hefty monthly charge).

Now I was wondering if I could get a ton of people to go to my site throughout the week. I am interested in seeing how well my infrastructure performes.

www.bscexpress.com

NOTE- You are welcome to buy, but please keep in mind that this is a live store , and that you will be charged.

Web Site Stats

29900 Products

1600 categories

29900 images

MYSQL driven

JWOD initiative compatible.

2 dedicated web servers, 1 backend server (seperate from WWW services)

1GB Fiber Backbone

AVG query size 100K

Lots and lots of code changes, I have spent the last year developing this site from a standard OSC install to a more powerfull platform that meets our buisness needs. I have decided to keep the simi standard OSC appearence (just looks very clean)

Any input and testing would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

First thing's first...a thumbnail contribution.

You are loading the full image file size now.

A seperate thumb would load much faster.

Outside of that, the server flies :thumbsup:

Queries execute quickly - images load slowly.

First thing's first...a thumbnail contribution.

You are loading the full image file size now.

A seperate thumb would load much faster.

Outside of that, the server flies  :thumbsup:

Queries execute quickly - images load slowly.

I have used some thumbnail contributions and found they didnt work too well for what i need. I have finished compiling thumbnail images for all of our products, and this is what I am thinking , in products_image I will place the thumbnail. And create a new feild called products_big_image and place the full size image. From there the only page that needs to access the image would be products_info.php. T

Thats my idea. I think I will give a shot this weekend.

I just put all the big images in the 'big/' image subdirectory and changed the code behind click to enlarge to look in the 'big/' subdirectory.

I use JAlbum to generate the thumbs offline.

It's maybe not that elegant but easy to implement and I don't need to maintain 2 filenames. Just make sure to upload the images in the correct folders.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I just put all the big images in the 'big/' image subdirectory and changed the code behind click to enlarge to look in the 'big/' subdirectory.

I use JAlbum to generate the thumbs offline.

It's maybe not that elegant but easy to implement and I don't need to maintain 2 filenames. Just make sure to upload the images in the correct folders.

That would work, but I have thumbnails named as ET***** and big images (current) EB******

Carine,

That's a super simple solution :thumbsup:

Earl,

If you are interested, here is the contribution I use

Big Images

It makes a new browse/upload box for a thumb in your admin when you add/edit products.

Carine,

That's a super simple solution  :thumbsup:

Earl,

If you are interested, here is the contribution I use

Big Images

It makes a new browse/upload box for a thumb in your admin when you add/edit products.

I use access to import my products, there is so many that the admin section is useless. But thank you anyways.

I know it's Friday evening 9pm but

"SH1T"and WOW

what a fast server.

I have to agree with a lot of the postings so far that a lot of the thumbs are fussy and of low quality - which would put me offf a bit, but the spped at which you are shooting out the stuff is amazing (I'm only on 56K) - I only hope your customers appreciate the speed as against the poor quality images :'(

Ouch better check your library of images just clicked on this and got a load of blank images on the ups's.

Just checked your privacy notice

When you first enter our site, we ask you to register with us.

Has this been turned off are are you only requesting us to register when we go go checkout.

My last query relates to your list of produsts - what poor b*stard has to type in those products. Twenty nine thousand two hundred and eighty eight products. I found it hard enought to complie less than 100 and design the site - 29288 WOW, One year - I am not surprised :o

Good Luck and well done

PhilipH

Earl,

One of the first things I do after setting up a clients' site is to create a new ODBC connection to their DB via Access.

One of my clients has 24,000 atributes and needs to add 1 more fragrance to many products.

I can only use Access to create a quick query and update certain products in an effective manner - the built-in admin tool is not (agreeably) usefull here.

You are so lucky to have the ability to setup and use load balancing servers :thumbsup:

Almost everyone here is on a shared server, some on a single dedicated server.

I have been known to "fondle" multi-terabyte Oracle servers B) that I remotely connected to using Access when I got the chance to be in the server room.

Now time to work on the looks...

Switch between 800X600 and 1024X768.

Some things are fixed widths and shift alot between different resolutions.

Then work on the "stock" look.

:thumbsup:

I got a "Revocation for security system not available" security alert. Might scare people off.

I didn't like the little blue balls. I'm not sure what they are supposed to be.

Good luck with the store.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

Archived