• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not Receiving Forum Notifications

OceanRanch

Ever since the last "forum" upgrade the following problem occurs.

My board profile setting is set at

Enable 'Email Notification' by default? yes

Immediate email notification

" Enabling this option will automatically subscribe you to any topic you start or reply to."

However, no email is sent to when someone replys to a topic that I replied to.

I wonder if anyone else has this problem. Some of the TEAM members suggested that I need to "subscribe" to a topic even though I have the above setting in my profile.

Any ideas on what's happening here?????

Thanks in advance.

Tom

same here, not sure what is going on, it's definitely not working as before

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

It appears that when I respond to a topic, the "subscription notification" is being set to delayed even though I have chosen "immediate" in my profile.

Also, it appears that not all topics that I respond to will set that topic to "subscription notification" in my profile.

So for now, after I respond to a topic, and I'd like to receive topic notifications on that topic, I click on "Track this topic" after a post and choose "immediate notification" for that thread.

This seems to be working for me, but adds another step that was NOT required before the forum upgrade.

Tom

i myself have experienced quite a few changes. it used to be only one email was sent when someone posted to a thread i am subscribed to. now every new post is sent even if they are back to back and i have not visited the thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd prefer Daily Email Digests but haven't received any at all, despite new posts in the relevant threads. So I set a few subscriptions to Immediate Email Notification and I receive an email for every post, whether I've visited the thread or not. (Most recent email received 01:14 today.)

Does that help any?!

Anna

• 2 weeks later...

There is a confirmed bug that the Fast Reply method does not take the email notification setting into consideration and will not automatically add the topic to the subscription list.

For this, the Add Reply method will need to be used when replying to topics you'd like to automatically receive notifications on - atleast until IPS release an updated InvisionBoard version and when it has been installed here.

:heart:, osCommerce

• 8 months later...

I guess i might be doing something wrong then.

I have stumbled on this thread quite by accident. But i have never recieved an email when I get a reply to a thread.

I have had to look at my threads, and then check to see if any replies have been made.

is this still an ongoing problem, or is it just me?

Archived