• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding a link in the left navigation system?

Rick Sample

I would like to know how to add a link in the left navigation system where the information box is (the place that oscommerence has the links: shipping and returns, privacy notice, contact us, etc.)

I've spent hours on it and all I keep getting is errors so any help on both of these things are appriciated

thanks all :D

by the way, here is the coding that is already in my information box. All I need to add is a link to the search feature!

<?php
/*
 $Id: information.php,v 1.6 2003/02/10 22:31:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- information //-->
         <tr>
           <td>

<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
                                        '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

</td>
         </tr>
<!-- information_eof //-->

Copy and paste one of the existing links into the list on that page and alter it to the newly added page. Make sure that the new page is added to the list of pages in includes/filenames.php, then go to your osCommerce control panel, go to Tools, Define Lnguages, then english.php, and scroll down until you find the entries for the Information box, and add the new page to that.

Vger

Archived