• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Local Server

Hi

Forgive me if this is covered somewgere else in the forums - I have spent an hour searching but can't find what I am looking for.

I am a newbie to OSC but it has been highly reccomended and I want to spend some time learning my way round before installing it on a web server. What I would like to do is install OSC on a local machine, not connected to the net, and really get to know it.

I have read several posts and there seem to be conflicting ideas (aren't there always!) on how to do this.

I have a box that I can dedicate to OSC and I have every flavour of Windows (don't want to use Linux - 2 learning curves would be to much).

So my question is, which flavour of Windows and how do I install OSC and get it to run as though it is on a 'normal' web server.

Any help or pointers garetfully received.

Many thanks for reading

Tom

Hi,

you need to have PHP, APACHE, and MYSQL install in your local machine

Hi

Forgive me if this is covered somewgere else in the forums - I have spent an hour searching but can't find what I am looking for.

I am a newbie to OSC but it has been highly reccomended and I want to spend some time learning my way round before installing it on a web server. What I would like to do is install OSC on a local machine, not connected to the net, and really get to know it.

I have read several posts and there seem to be conflicting ideas (aren't there always!) on how to do this.

I have a box that I can dedicate to OSC and I have every flavour of Windows (don't want to use Linux - 2 learning curves would be to much).

So my question is, which flavour of Windows and how do I install OSC and get it to run as though it is on a 'normal' web server.

Any help or pointers garetfully received.

Many thanks for reading

Tom

easyphp from easyphp.org has everything you need to set up on windows.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived