• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flat fee up to 10kg then ?1 per KG

webmaster69

I have set up the cart, the only thing to do is the shipping fee which has done my head in. Can any one please help? I thought this would be simple to do. I can't believe a great product like this doesn't include this. The shipping is simple and I thought it was a common issue. Simply put, anything up to 10KG costs ?8.95, Anything over 10KG costs ?8.95 and ?1 per kilo over.

Thanks. :'(

• 3 weeks later...
I have set up the cart, the only thing to do is the shipping fee which has done my head in. Can any one please help? I thought this would be simple to do. I can't believe a great product like this doesn't include this. The shipping is simple and I thought it was a common issue. Simply put, anything up to 10KG costs ?8.95, Anything over 10KG costs ?8.95 and ?1 per kilo over.

Thanks. :'(

how heavy does it get ? you could use the table rate based on weight

10:8.95;11:9.95;12:10.95 etc etc

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia

how heavy does it get ? you could use the table rate based on weight

10:8.95;11:9.95;12:10.95 etc etc

Geoff

Thanks for your reply Geof,

Generally the weight is no more than 50kg but it can get up to 100kg

I realised I could enter the individual weights in the table format. But this would be a long agonising task, and I would have to do it all over again should the shipping cost change.

Thanks for your reply Geof,

Generally the weight is no more than 50kg but it can get up to 100kg

I realised I could enter the individual weights in the table format. But this would be a long agonising task, and I would have to do it all over again should the shipping cost change.

Frank

I think that if this was the only method I needed to use and is valid for what I wanted, I would do it this way though if the rate changed daily or weekly it would need to be thought about, but if change is unlikely in the short term the effort involved would be minimal over time.

The per item method might work for you, setup a handling fee that is representative of your cost and work out an "average" rate that covers you postage across the board. It would depend a lot on where most of your orders come in eg average order might be 20 items so work it out at this level, you might lose a little per item below this but gain on orders greater than 20. This would be far simpler.

Geoff

Geoff

Telegraph Point 2441

Australia