• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advertising Tracking

badjo

Sifting through the ad_tracker and affiliate mods but here is a very effective tool.

Can any of the mods record a referring query string and place it in a customers record.

example:

sue

smith

address

city

state

zip

etc

refer = google.housewares

This is extremely useful for advertising budgeting. Anyone know how I can do it?

Thanks for any input

John

Yes, the ad tracker and the affilliate program can both do that. I found that actually combining the two contributions gives me the type of tracking I needed. I can tell what customers came from where, and I can reconcile clicks comeing from ppc engines. I can also see the conversion to clicks ratio, which combined with the knowledge of how much a click costs, give me a pretty good estimate of my ROI. I just enroll each advertiser as an 'affilliate', and in the URLs I submit to them, I include their referral ID.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived