• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

accessing customers email address

blair

Hi,

I use an external mail marketing service for my newsletters and want to get the customers email address on the checkout success page so I can prepopulate a 'newsletter signup' box.

I figured if the email address is already populated, the customer is more likely to just click the subscibe button, rather than having to enter their email address again, just after creating an account.

I know how to setup the form, just don't know how to access the email address of the customer logged in...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Blair.

But there's, by default, a Newsletter checkbox on the account creation form.  Why do you need it again?

The service I use maintains a separate list of email addresses and needs to go through their subscribe/unsubscribe procedures which are as follows

1. user enters email address in text box on my site and presses subscribe

2. new page is loaded (hosted by the service provider) to confirm subscription and give options about what level of subscription the user wants (promotions/newsletters/etc etc)

3. user confirms and is added to the subscribers list stored on the service providers database...

I have removed the newsletter check box on the account creation.

I use the service as it gives me reporting on click throughs, bounces, opens, forward to friends etc.... plus campaign scheduling, newsletter design wizards etc...

Blair...

• 3 months later...

Archived