• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

parse error

ktlockett

Hello All,

I get the following error when I try to add text to the define main page field

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ':' in /home/lockettb/www/www/oscommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/define_mainpage.php on line 8

I went to the define_mainpage.php and this is some of the code

<P align=center>

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="95%" border=2>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </P>

<P align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Selecting The Perfect Bridal Headpiece!</SPAN></P><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">Accessories can add excitement or further emphasize your gown.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>They can draw attention to your hair and face and add that ultimate touch.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>The following are some guidelines on how to select that perfect headpiece.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"> <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">First and foremost, choose your bridal gown, then the accessories to compliment it.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Choosing your accessories calls for the same care and thought that went into selecting your bridal dress.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"> <o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">After the selection of your gown think about how you would want to wear your hair.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Your hair stylist could help you with this.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>It is a good ideal to have a trial run with the stylist and headpiece.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>In choosing your headpiece consider the shape of your face.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>

Does anyone know what I need to change?

Thanks in advance for your help.

karla :(

It's not in there.

You're looking for a php error, not an html error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

If I have to guess, I'll say line 8 of define_mainpage.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I'm slow, forgive me. Trying to learn. I went /home/lockettb/www/www/oscommerce/catalog/includes/languages/english/define_mainpage.php and opened the file and copied the code. But you said That its a php error and not html.

Could you tell me what I need to do to find and edit the file?

Thanks!

IN your first post, you said that that was part of that page. Did you copy and paste everything, or just part. If just part, does it include the first 8 lines?

I deleted the code from the above post but had no luck with it. I think the problem is in the following line of code:

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN> </P>

does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Karla

Archived