• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

just a little help please!

WearYourBeer

I am a complete novice. I am trying to update my ms1 site to ms2 and I have the following instructions.:

Upgrading osCommerce is updating the files from the ms1 version to the ms2 version and updating the database.

First, install the new osCommerce version in another folder in your server space.

Then copy the old database over to the new database in phpmyadmin.

Find the "extras" folder in the osCommerce download and you will see a folder in there named pr21_to_pr22 which holds the file ms1_to_ms2.php. Copy this file to your catalog folder or root folder on your server space where the new osCommerce ms2 files are. You can rename it to whatever you would like. Usually, I rename it to upgrade.php.

Upload this new upgrade file, navigate to it, put in the new database info and upgrade. This will upgrade the database for your new osCommerce ms2 files.

After you test your new files you can then remove the old files and old database.

1) First off, what does install mean? Just create any random directory on my server root?

2) how do I copy my old database over my new one through phpadmin? what files do i use

3) how do i put the 'new database info' and where?

please help out

I am a complete novice. I am trying to update my ms1 site to ms2 and I have the following instructions.:

Upgrading osCommerce is updating the files from the ms1 version to the ms2 version and updating the database.

First, install the new osCommerce version in another folder in your server space.

Then copy the old database over to the new database in phpmyadmin.

Find the "extras" folder in the osCommerce download and you will see a folder in there named pr21_to_pr22 which holds the file ms1_to_ms2.php. Copy this file to your catalog folder or root folder on your server space where the new osCommerce ms2 files are. You can rename it to whatever you would like. Usually, I rename it to upgrade.php.

Upload this new upgrade file, navigate to it, put in the new database info and upgrade. This will upgrade the database for your new osCommerce ms2 files.

After you test your new files you can then remove the old files and old database.

1) First off, what does install mean? Just create any random directory on my server root?

2) how do I copy my old database over my new one through phpadmin? what files do i use

3) how do i put the 'new database info' and where?

please help out

1st You need to copy the new ms2 upgrade files over your old ms1 files via your ftp program or your server admin panel. This is where all your files are in the "catalog" main folder in your root directory.

2nd You need to go to your osCommerce admin panel and create a back-up data file. This will be stored in Backup Directory: catalog/admin/backups/ in your "Tools" option.

3rd You need to log into your "phpMyAdmin" data base and click your data base name on your localhost where the catalog data file are. Then choose "SQL" for query and then choose"browse" and locate the "backup sql file" and upload it to the data base so it can the propagate the old data.

"Find a way to break their code." -Bill Gates

knight7.gif

Archived