• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Linking Merchant Account to CC Orders

huq

Sorry I couldnt' find the answer to this via your search feature...so please bear with me:

I need simple instructions to link my merchant account/payment gateway to credit card orders placed on my site (using oscommerce). This should be obvious but it's not.

Also, if someone places any order but wants to modify it(change quantity or add an item to the order)...how do you do that? There's no option for that which I can see... Thanks all!

:D

us merchant services...it shouldn't matter though...(not trying to be rude)...where do i enter the merchant account information so it links to my oscommerce credit carrd orders...tell me how you did it please.... :D

sorry my internet went down...that website doesn't work for me...I need to know how to configure the credit card (CC) module to link to my merchant account...do I edit the cc.php file? What do I need to do? This is getting ridiculous...

You need to go to the admin area of your cart? The URL I listed was only an example, like

https://yourdomain.com/admin (use "your" real domain name, whatever your site is, and append /admin to the URL.)

Once there, go to "modules". From there you can modify payment info.

Don't mess with cc.php...

oh ok...went to the admin panel...and tried to edit the credit card section...there is no field to enter my merchant account info...i don't get it....is my merchant account supposed to give me a module to install in oscommerce? This should be an obvious answer...kinda wierd that it doesn't tell you how to do this...

oh ok...went to the admin panel...and tried to edit the credit card section...there is no field to enter my merchant account info...i don't get it....is my merchant account supposed to give me a module to install in oscommerce? This should be an obvious answer...kinda wierd that it doesn't tell you how to do this...

I use a company called icommercegateway for my merchant account. Although they offer a shopping cart as part of their service, I wasn't thrilled with it, so I decided to use osCommerce instead. When using a third party shopping cart, you need a method (API, module, etc..) to communicate with your merchant account. osCommerce has a few modules built-in, but they can't write modules for every payment gateway out there. Hopfefully your provider has an API or module for osCommerce (since it's a widely used cart). My provider, Icommercegateway, has a page on their site with API's for the various Open Source shopping carts. I just downloaded it, installed it, then went to admin/modules and configured it.

If your merchant account doesn't provide a module, go here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions and search the payment modules.

Yes, this is frustrating. It's taken me about a week to get my cart running, and I still have a few problems with it. I have to leave town for a few days, so I won't be able to help again until Monday. As I mentioned, I'm pretty new at this too. There are other members with tons of experience who will help you. Be patient. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Archived