• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Box - Flexibility

Is there a way to add a box along the right, that will be dynamic to have 'other products you might be interested in'?

Somewhat like what's new, or what others bought, but this is customized to push the products that are related to ones being selected for purchase.

I cannot find this contribution anywhere.

product families is the term used here for that kind of functionality

I use it for instance to show other items by the same designer, or part of the same series. A product can be part of multiple families so you have quite some flexibility.

Be aware there are different contributions/versions of this 'families'.

Im using one that creates a product families 3.0 configuration section and a whole separate area (box) for families maintenance.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

product families is the term used here for that kind of functionality

I use it for instance to show other items by the same designer, or part of the same series. A product can be part of multiple families so you have quite some flexibility.

Be aware there are different contributions/versions of this 'families'.

Im using one that creates a product families 3.0 configuration section and a whole separate area (box) for families maintenance.

can you share which contribution that is? that sounds perfect for what i need to do.

thanks!

Archived