• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to remove border from categories only?

xPATRIOTSx

Here I am again, being nit picky :P

As the title says, I want to remove the border from the category box only. I was able to remove the heading by commenting out the following code in categories.php:

//$info_box_contents = array();
 //$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES);

//new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, true, false);

I found that doing a search here, and thought it was going to remove the border also but obviously it didn't.

Go New England Patriots!!!!

Hmm this is a little more complicated as all your boxes on your page use the same class. What you would have to do is add a a new box class in includes/class/boxes.php

The one the infoboxcontent calls has a border. You would have to add a new one to call and then specify that one for just your category box.

You might be better off just taking out the border for the class in css, this will take the border out for all your boxes. You would then have to wrap all your other boxes in a border of there own. I dunno how to explain all this in (not being mean) "newbie" terms.

If you plan on doing a lot of modifying to get a way from the osc look, I suggest a template system like STS or BTS.

-Dennis

Hmm this is a little more complicated as all your boxes on your page use the same class.  What you would have to do is add a a new box class in includes/class/boxes.php

The one the infoboxcontent calls has a border.  You would have to add a new one to call and then specify that one for just your category box. 

You might be better off just taking out the border for the class in css, this will take the border out for all your boxes.  You would then have to wrap all your other boxes in a border of there own.  I dunno how to explain all this in (not being mean) "newbie" terms.

If you plan on doing a lot of modifying to get a way from the osc look, I suggest a template system like STS or BTS.

-Dennis

You're not being mean, I am a newbie :lol:

I actually wouldn't mind removing all borders then adding them individually. I think I can figure it out from there, just needed some direction.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

infoBox i think, What I suggest to you is use your view source command and see the html being generated so you can figure out things and understand more of whats going on. You always learn more when you figure it out on your own ;)

-Dennis

infoBox i think,  What I suggest to you is use your view source command and see the html being generated so you can figure out things and understand more of whats going on.  You always learn more when you figure it out on your own ;)

-Dennis

Yep I found it right before coming here. There's just the color in there, so I suppose I just comment the line out?

Archived