• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Notification of Updates

mpiscopo

I recently noticed that I have about 500 entries in my database where people have selected the "notify me of updates" for various products. I decided to test this and make sure it's working. I enrolled myself for a product which was out of stock, then added quantities to its inventory and made it back in stock. I didn't get any notification. Should it be sending out an email letting me know that it is now in stock? Or is there some other event which triggers a notification?

Thanks,

Mark

I wouldn't think it would send emails for stock changes. Try changing the price of the item and see if that does it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Actually I read somewhere that it does not automatically send out emails. I think notification emails are sent out manually depending on product. I think the exact phrase was "you wouldn't want the customers to know you mad a typo".

My problem

Is the notification supposed to only show at successful checkout?

Make no sense why someone wants to be notified of something they bought.

Is there a way to have it in product description with wishlist or something? I thought that they worked together. If in wishlist then notify if changed.

q_|_|| _|9~~J >-o>-o q_|_|| )| q_|| )

I finally figured it out. You have to create a NewsLetter first and select "product_notification" under the first pulldown on the edit/create page (labeled as module). Then later when you choose to send the newsletter (email), it will give you a list of products to distribute it to (it will go to anyone who has chosen to be notified of updates on that product or group of products).

Archived