• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newsletter & Subscribtion for MS2

Gyakutsuki

Yari, that is a bad question. You need to learn HTML before you install hacks and contributions to a script this complex.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,newsletter

Second, I got this contrib working perfectly! 052 is brilliant. Just had to use http://world.altavista.com/tr to translate some of the messages and java error messages etc into English. :)

Edited by crash resistant

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yari, that is a bad question. You need to learn HTML before you install hacks and contributions to a script this complex.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,newsletter

Second, I got this contrib working perfectly! 052 is brilliant. Just had to use http://world.altavista.com/tr to translate some of the messages and java error messages etc into English. :)

I have to learn HTML :D :D This contrib is not complex and I have worked it out, just wanted to save some time when I had so much work but thanks for nothing and your community spirit :lol:

No problem. Thanks for waisting space in a precious topic and confusing someone who is actually searching for answers. Just like all the other support threads with a hundred pages and filled with stupid questions. =)

Just making a point.. I'm not taking your question That seriously.

And you think you are the boss here or what Newbie :o I guess you don't know what this community is here for ? Every one from newbies to experts can ask questions and no question is stupid.

If you can't handle the community rules then don't come in here, if you act like an idiot and say here is hundreds of stupid questions and this community is filled with stupid questions then you are really out of line here.

Newbies has every right to ask their easy or as you say stupid questions like experts has their right to ask difficault ones.

Can't you handle it don't waste your time to come in here!

Edited by Yari

• 1 month later...

Has anyone translated the french files and can they post them?

Thanks!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I like the idea of this mod... but am having significant problems as well:

Installed version .052. Installation went fine, I'm getting no errors of any sort. Some of the admin text is in French, but no big deal.

I subscribed some test addrresses of my own, got the confirmation, etc. The problem is in the sending: When I send mesaages to my subscriber list via the admin, no message is actually sent out. I get a confirmation that the message was sent, and it's status gets updated to "sent", but I never actually receive the message.

Also, the "Header Footer Infos" page in admin has no information in it, and nowhere where I can take any action. Simply says "Extra Info: 0" and all the columns are blank. There are no buttons anywhere, and I'm not sure if there are supposed to be, or even what this page's purpose is, though I suspect it may have something to do with the problem I'm having, since I'm unable to assign a header and footer to my newsletters.

I'd love any help or feedback you can provide.

Has anyone the fix to the above problem or translated the french that they can post it in the forums or can they post an updated version of the contribution?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I have taken a dump of my SQL for the newsletter tables and also put in all my admin language files into a zip.

You can find it here, not uploaded as a contribution as its just a couple of files.

Overwrite all the admin/includes/languages/english/

files within the zip to those in the english directory.

Use the SQL to update your tables and make the filler text english.

BACKUP before making any changes, they are provided as is. I have changed it so the word newsletter is more prominant too.

Test them out and let me know how you get on.

You can find them at

http://www.sankesolutions.co.uk/files/

Its the english files.zip that you want to download ;)

Edited by hotnuts21

i just added this contribution and is currently facing this puzzling problem.... :'(

i can get the confirmation emails/newletters to my accounts on the same host/server but not to anything beyond that....

no php errors seen ....n the all subscibers are updated in the tables....just no emails..... :blink:

seem like they went into the "twilight zone"...... >_<

am i missing any changes or flags to toggle????

Hi,

I'm just trying to understand what this mod is supposed to do so I know if it is working right.

Is there a web page for subscribers to manage their account or unsubscribe or only for subscribing, i.e. they have to unsubsribe only by clicking on the link in the email they received with their email address in it.

Is there no way for them to update their preferences?

Are subscribers supposed to be activated immediately or is this update table function supposed to activate them?

Are subscribers from the newsletters.php page, the link in the email, and the little box all treated the same or different and if different why?

Any clues will be appreciated.

Thank you

I have moved on from oscommerce to magento and no longer monitoring this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a small problem with this contribution:

when i put in an html code to send an html newsletter like

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>newsletter title</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY vLink=#006400 aLink=#006400 link=#006400 color=#0066cc>

newsletter test and tables

</BODY>
</HTML>

The script removes al of the header and fotter tags like:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>newsletter title</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY vLink=#006400 aLink=#006400 link=#006400 color=#0066cc>

and

</BODY>
</HTML>

so i can not put in an background collor for the newsletter.

Can someone tell me why this part of the html is removed and how i can solve this problem so i can use an background color.

Dani?l

Ok, I am going nuts with this contrib.. I think I have it working and it just keeps giving me problems.. Any help on ony or all of these issues would be greatly appreciated.. I am at my ends wit! :'( (and I have searched for answers but thus far not found any)

1. When I use the subscribe box to sign up for the newsletter I get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/httpd/vhosts/petalbeautycosmetics.com/httpdocs/store/catalog/includes/languages/english.php:352) in /home/httpd/vhosts/petalbeautycosmetics.com/httpdocs/store/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

2. In the ADMIN area: ALL of my link headings say Newsletter except for the Configuration menu... (so when I click on something like: Catalog on the left, it takes me to the right place but the heading says Newsletter..) All menu items do the same thing.. INCLUDING when I login to the Admin area.. it says at the top, Newsletter :blink:

3. Does this contributions subscriber list interconnect/merge with the original newsletter on OSC? or is it forming 2 separate subscriber lists?

4. Depending on the answer above, do I need to use the Newletter link in the Tools menu? Or just the Newsletter menu links?

5. Is there a way to add the newsletter form to my html pages outside of OSC?

6. and I haven't looked yet, but is which file do I add content regarding the Newsletter sign up form.. so I can tell perspective subscribers why they want to get the newsletter?

Any and All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!! Thanks

Petal

I have taken a dump of my SQL for the newsletter tables and also put in all my admin language files into a zip.

You can find them at

http://www.sankesolutions.co.uk/files/

Its the english files.zip that you want to download ;)

I just did this and MySQL gave this error when I used the sql file to load to my db

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
 `header` text collate latin1_g' at line 3

sql is definitely not my thing so anybody know how to fix the error?

I just did this and MySQL gave this error when I used the sql file to load to my db

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
?`header` text collate latin1_g' at line 3

sql is definitely not my thing so anybody know how to fix the error?

SORRY it would not let me edit and I thougtht it would be better if I posted the whole query

Error

SQL-query :  

CREATE TABLE `subscribers_default` (

`news_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`module_subscribers` varchar( 255 ) collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL default '',
`header` textcollate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL ,
`date_added` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
`status` tinyint( 1 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`news_order` int( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`unsubscribea` longtextcollate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL ,
`unsubscribeb` longtextcollate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `news_id` ) 
)ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 COLLATE = latin1_general_ci AUTO_INCREMENT = 4 

MySQL said: 

`header` text collate latin1_g' at line 3

Thanks again for any help!

Did everyone go on vacation?? I restored to my original mod working files. I added the HTMLarea v1.7 mod.. everything is working dandy, sooooo I am going to brave it and try this mod again.

Wish me luck! :P

Petal..

Hopefully you will be back and able to answer any questions! :sweating:

Well I got it all running.. the only odd thing is, in the Admin area, ALL my headings now say Newsletter regardless of where I am. Anyone have a fix? I haven't messed with it yet.

I am also trying to modify it so that instead of it just inputting the one Your Name area, it will let them enter Firstname and Lastname.

Also trying to figure out why it has those boxes to enter information in for header/footer info on a newsletter, yet to change the welcome letter etc you have to go into the script to do.. Anyone know of a mod that allows us to change all that from the Admin area?

I do still need to test to see if it sends the newsletter.. (fingers crossed)

At any rate, it all seems to be working fine, now. Just need to tweak it a bit.

Petal.

Hey all,

This contrib is working rather well, except for all the french comments i have to translate :huh:

But yeah, I just have one complaint... or rather a plea for help.

Aesthetics are rather important to me. What I want to do is make the "unsubscribe" link in the actual newsleter say "unsubscribe" and the link is underneath if that makes sense...

i.e. <a href='http.blahblahbla.unsubscribe.php>Unsubscribe</a>

but I haven't been able to come accross the code that puts that link in the actual email.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Hi everyone.  This contribution is great for what it does, but I'm having a number of problems with it. 

First off, do I need to install a separate WYSIWIG contribution to make formatting work?  Currently, it will not produce line breaks in the received email unless I manually type HTML code for a paragraph break.  This isn't going to be easy for the store manager to remember.

I'm also getting this chunk of errors, which Bongo also mentioned: 

Warning: Missing argument 3 for newsletter_subscribers() in .../admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 16

Warning: Missing argument 4 for newsletter_subscribers() in .../admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 16

Warning: Missing argument 5 for newsletter_subscribers() in .../admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 16

Warning: Missing argument 6 for newsletter_subscribers() in .../admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php on line 16

I dug around in the admin/includes/modules/newsletters/newsletter_subscribers.php file, but my PHP skills aren't sharp enough to clean up the problem. 

Can anyone help further with this one?

I did notice, however, that it proceeds to send anyway and doesn't get any more errrors after that (Bongo, you said you had errors on the next page to). 

ALSO, I don't get those errors when I send the newsletter through the original form (not to subscribers).

I'm also having a nice series of problems with the catalog-side administration, due to some missing files (subscription_center.php, and all of the four unsubscribe english files that are referenced elsewhere).  The installation instructions seem to be cut off, too. 

I'd like to help clean up this release, so that the next people who download it won't run into these problems.  I'm not really sure where to begin, though.  Can someone help me understand these missing pieces?

Did anyone come to a solution for this? I just installed and had the same problem :(

Thanks for this great contribution! :D

I get huge spaces between elements when I recive newsletters, it looks okay in admin but in the mail client (outlook and outlook express) I get big spaces between eg. tables and such elements.

Is there a fix for this?

I'm using the latest version whitout any WYSIWYG editors.

i.e. <a href='http.blahblahbla.unsubscribe.php>Unsubscribe</a>

but I haven't been able to come accross the code that puts that link in the actual email.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Look in the english/newsletter file. You will see it there.