• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new install problem

tsingtao

i have tried three fresh installs of oscommerce 2.2 ms2 and i keep getting this damn error whenever i hit "log yourself in", "my account", and "create an account"----

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /login.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at hearts.securenet-server.net Port 443

AAARRRGGHH!!!

what is the problem and how can i fix it? i did not modify anything and my knowledge of oscommerce/ php is maybe intermediate or so.....but i am clueless on how to fix this.......any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

and i guess while i am at it, what do i need to do to fix this message at the top?

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/marauder/public_html/test/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file

this is my second oscommerce store and i do not remember having these problems with my first store.......

i have tried three fresh installs of oscommerce 2.2 ms2 and i keep getting this damn error whenever i hit "log yourself in", "my account", and "create an account"----

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /login.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at hearts.securenet-server.net Port 443

AAARRRGGHH!!!

what is the problem and how can i fix it? i did not modify anything and my knowledge of oscommerce/ php is maybe intermediate or so.....but i am clueless on how to fix this.......any help would be GREATLY appreciated....

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/marauder/public_html/test/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file

this is my second oscommerce store and i do not remember having these problems with my first store.......

You need to set a permission level to write to this Directory. Your trouble is starting from the "catalog" folder itself. This can be done easy buy going to your admin panel on your host server and change the permission level to 755 or FTP and use CHMOD to 755. What this does is changes the file attributes for you, the owner. It allows only you to write it and yet still gives 'group" and "public" permission to read and execute the folder.

and i guess while i am at it, what do i need to do to fix this message at the top?

You need to secure this file on the definition I gave you above. Simply set the permission level to 755, too.then your good to go. If you need help, e-mail me. Cheers..good luck! :)

"Find a way to break their code." -Bill Gates

knight7.gif

ok, so i made sure that the entire folder and all subdirectories under it were set to 755......i even double checked the specific files, login.php, create_account.php, account.php, and checkout_shipping were set at 755. and i still get that error......now what can i do?

i am using cuteftp and this is what is listed for permissions

Owner

read X

write X

execute X

Group

read X

write

execute X

Public

read X

write