• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Efficient order processing

mcbsolutions

Hi all,

Looking for suggestions. I manually process many orders a day, and well, there has to be a better way. All credit cards are processed using my verifone machine, so i have to run them through by punching the number in. After this, i create a purchase order which goes to my supplier. I stock no inventory, so they drop ship to my customer. I have to manually create this purchase order, as it shows my wholesale cost.

As you can imagine, all this takes lots of time. I'm hoping someone can make some suggestions regarding automating the order processing, especially creating the purchase order.

Here is how I see this working - yet I don't have the PHP expertise to do it all myself. I'm not a beginner, yet not an expert or I wouldnt be needing help. I add wholesale prices to my products table. I would also need a table of my suppliers. I can do all of that no problem. Here's where I need help. Then in admin, I click on invoice or a similar button and presto, i have a purchase order that can be printed or cut and pasted into an email, or better yet, emailed directly to a supplier. Based on the product ordered, it does an if statement and selects the correct supplier showing the correct wholesale cost, etc. Anyone out there that has tackled a similar project? I could not find anything remotely close in the contributions - trust me I looked!

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Steve

I've worked with some similar circumstances. Once of the things we did was take the 'admin' email that we receive with the order, and customize it to be the purchase order, so that we could forward it on a needed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I've worked with some similar circumstances. Once of the things we did was take the 'admin' email that we receive with the order, and customize it to be the purchase order, so that we could forward it on a needed.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I thought of going that route too. Yet, coding it is a little above my head. Any chance you could show an example of generic code that might get me started for my own customization of the email?

Again, i would be most appreciative.

Steve

Archived