• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Price discount for bulk buy - group discount

simoncs

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how to achieve this? An sql script perhaps - if so where wouls i apply it?

this is all very new so as much detail/info is appreciated.

the scenario:

I want to sell tickets and offer a discount for group tickets.

So if you buy 10 tickets you only pay for 8 - but 11/15/20 tickets etc would still only be discounted by 2 tickets.

We thought we could set up two products - one for individual tickets and one for group tickets - but this will cause probles with monitoring the stock etc.

Is there anyway to have 1 product and perhaps have some kind of sql script or something that calculates the amount in the background and populates the total in the shopping cart appropriately

So upto 9 tickets the product price * quantity else if quantity = 10 then total = 8 * product price.

if quantity = 11 then total = 9 * product price etc etc.

not very good with sql - is this possible and where would something like this need to be added?

thanks

Simon

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how to achieve this? An sql script perhaps - if so where wouls i apply it?

this is all very new so as much detail/info is appreciated.

the scenario:

I want to sell tickets and offer a discount for group tickets.

So if you buy 10 tickets you only pay for 8 - but 11/15/20 tickets etc would still only be discounted by 2 tickets.

We thought we could set up two products - one for individual tickets and one for group tickets - but this will cause probles with monitoring the stock etc.

Is there anyway to have 1 product and perhaps have some kind of sql script or something that calculates the amount in the background and populates the total in the shopping cart appropriately

So upto 9 tickets the product price * quantity else if quantity = 10 then total = 8 * product price.

if quantity = 11 then total = 9 * product price etc etc.

not very good with sql - is this possible and where would something like this need to be added?

thanks

Simon

Hi

Try a search in contributions for a contrib called quantity price breaks, but I think this only gives options to max breaks of 8, not 100% havnt used for a long time, and it has been updated since I used so may be a lot more to it now.

regards :thumbsup:

Hi

Try a search in contributions for a contrib called quantity price breaks, but I think this only gives options to max breaks of 8, not 100% havnt used for a long time, and it has been updated since I used so may be a lot more to it now.

regards :thumbsup:

ok thanks for that - will see how i go

Archived