• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Echo Payment Module - Changing charge amount

basnyd

Hi - I've installed the ECHO Payment Module v1.7.4 Everything is working great! It was an easy install.

When I go into the Echo Administration Tool within the osCommerce admin panel, I see two buttons on the right hand side one that says "process" and one that says "view history".

Once my client verifies he can get the parts from his distributors and is ready to ship the order, he will click on "process" to process the credit card. However, if my client is unable to get all the parts and needs to change the amount charged because a part is no longer available or is back ordered, how does he do it? How can he change the amount charged to the credit card? If he needs to totally cancel this order how does he do it?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Barb

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, it looks like I can answer my own question. I installed the order editing module, so I can change orders (add / remove products, etc). This module recalculates the total based upon the changes. Which in turn does update the amount to be sent to Echo. So everything works fine as is.

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all--

Here is a further update to my story.

I installed OSC osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 and then added a contribution to do credit card processing through ECHO Payment Module v1.7.4. I also installed contribution Order Editor 1.58

Everything works fine; except that if I edit an order (say, to change a quantity), the wrong value is posted to the credit card when the order is processed through the Echo Payment Module. (Orders that were not edited before processing went through just fine.)

As far as I can tell, that's because the ECHO contribution pulls the "final_price" from the "orders" table and when I edit a product quantity through the Order Editor, that value (final_price) is not updated.

So I looked at the admin/edit_orders.php file. I found lines 352 and 353:

if($ot_class == "ot_total")

$ot_text = "<b>" . $ot_text . "</b>";

which I modified to:

if($ot_class == "ot_total") {

$ot_text = "<b>" . $ot_text . "</b>";

$UpdateOrders = "update " . TABLE_ORDERS .

" set final_price = '" . $ot_value . "'" .

" where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "';";

tep_db_query($UpdateOrders);

}

and now everything seems to work fine.

(In short, I'm taking the ot_value amount when it is figuring out the total for an order and updating the orders table final_price column with it; I'm using fragments of the order update script from earlier in the page.)

I'm feeling a little uneasy-- I'm still new to PHP programming and don't really know the OSCommerce code base and data model all that well. Have I done anything obviously wrong or stupid? Am I messing something else up while fixing this?

Thanks for the advice--

Barb

Hi, all--

Here is a further update to my story.

and now everything seems to work fine.

(In short, I'm taking the ot_value amount when it is figuring out the total for an order and updating the orders table final_price column with it; I'm using fragments of the order update script from earlier in the page.)

I'm feeling a little uneasy-- I'm still new to PHP programming and don't really know the OSCommerce code base and data model all that well. Have I done anything obviously wrong or stupid? Am I messing something else up while fixing this?

Thanks for the advice--

Barb

edit: (it would help for me to add text before I push "submit" :blush: )

Just wondering how this has worked out for you in the past few days? Have you had a chance to prove your mod? If so I think I may add it also, as I use ECHO and EDIT, but have not had your same issue (I do my stuff through ECHO instead, manually, if I have these come up, which has only been 1 so far!)

Edited by snuff

edit: (it would help for me to add text before I push "submit"  :blush: )

Just wondering how this has worked out for you in the past few days?  Have you had a chance to prove your mod? If so I think I may add it also, as I use ECHO and EDIT, but have not had your same issue (I do my stuff through ECHO instead, manually, if I have these come up, which has only been 1 so far!)

It has been working fine. My client has had no further issues since we did this.

Barb