• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Page doesn't show

mharster

help :'( new installation, everything fine, installation succesful, but when i try to access the admin pages: unable to access database server. user and password set correctly, so that is not the error. name of the database written correctly, so that's also not the problem. what is it??? next question: where can i find a detailed explanation on how to configure correctly configure.php in catalog/includes????

thank u so much :rolleyes:

Well, ifrst of all it sounds like it's your configure.php in the ADMIN side that's causing you issues in the admin. There are 4 variables that OSC uses to connect to the database, and at least one of them is set incorrectly.

If your catalog side it working, then you could use the values from those 4 variables from the configure.php on the catalog side.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

This depends upon your hosting company, but have you set a password for MySQL in your hosting Control Panel. If not,then you need to do that.

Vger

help :'(  new installation, everything fine, installation succesful, but when i try to access the admin pages: unable to access database server. user and password set correctly, so that is not the error. name of the database written correctly, so that's also not the problem. what is it??? next question: where can i find a detailed explanation on how to configure correctly configure.php in catalog/includes????

thank u so much :rolleyes:

Archived