• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I configure what OSCommerce LOOKS like?

I understand configuring the basics... getting everything working etc... but I do not want OS commerce to look/function the way it does.

basically i want it to look the way our site already looks. i want to wrap some of it's functionality into our headers/footers.

I have no use for most of the things that are displayed on the index. I dont want the reviews box, I dont want the specials box, I don't want the whats new. It seems like this should be easy to do, but apparently it is not?

I want to change how a product list from a category looks.

I want to beable to have a static link that takes a user to a specific category. Like they click a button on our website that says "Steak Knives" and it takes them to our product listing of steak knives.

Are these things possible?

It seems (from what little I've looked through so far) that this is an awesome solution, but you are pretty much stuck with the formatting and options they give you?

First off I will admit to being a bit new to osCommerce myself. I'm in the midst of my first setup and intend to do some heavy customization as far as appearance goes because I also don't have need of all the things that osCommerce has by default and I want a distinctly different look.

The way I'm going to do this is to create my own index page, including only those items I want in my site and modifying the stylesheet to suit the look I want for the site. I will keep the original index page as index-old or something similar in case for reference purposes if nothing else.

HTH

Jay Drake

Nope, it's open source. That means that the sky is the limit.

You can format or change the functionality of anything and everything, provided you know how to program in php and html.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived