• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installing oscommerce

Does anyone know if oscommerce can be installed and used with Easyphp, and if so do you know how to install it.

I want to use easyphp to create a site and learn how to use it before uploading onto the internet, and at the minute I can't afford to pay for web hosting just to play around with something.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I have tried the support sites for Easyphp but there is nothing about oscommerce.

Thanks in advance

Tom Bathgate

just make sure you dont use php version 5. best thing to do is install easyphp and see how that works. then you will know how to install oscommerce, after you read the knowledge base here too.

just make sure you dont use php version 5.  best thing to do is install easyphp and see how that works.  then you will know how to install oscommerce, after you read the knowledge base here too.

Thanks for your reply

It is using PHP version 2.5.3

I have followed the instructions for installing on a web server, but I keep getting an error saying that global variables must be enabled, I have checked and enabled them but this error is still coming up. Any thoughts?

Many Thanks

Tom

Thanks for your reply

It is using PHP version 2.5.3

I have followed the instructions for installing on a web server, but I keep getting an error saying that global variables must be enabled,  I have checked and enabled them but this error is still coming up. Any thoughts?

Many Thanks

Tom

hey friend...

i had the same problem... and I solved it by installing the patch that I downloaded from OSCommerce web site, this is actually some changing of the source (i am not much into PHP but it is something about avoiding the register_globals variables or something...)... well, installation was succesfull but some further actions constantly is sending errors. (like: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_session_name() )...

so friend, if you get problems like me, we are in the same situation... plesae send some help if you find out something... thanx!

if you wanna download patch here is the link:

download patch

If you don't have any luck with EasyPHP, or installing individually all of the bits and pieces you need, you can download and install a programme called XAMPP, which includes all you need.  Here's the address:

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Hope this helps - Vger

hey thanx a lot my friend,

but XAMPP package also includes PHP 5, and someone said it will not work on it... i still have problem with opening shop on localhost...

someone can help me???

hey thanx a lot my friend,

but XAMPP package also includes PHP 5, and someone said it will not work on it... i still have problem with opening shop on localhost...

someone can help me???

Hey all, just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. I have successfully managed to install oscommerce onto my computer using easyphp. I have only a few errors messgaes to fix, something to do with sessions and the sessions files not being available or exsiting. Not sure but playing working on it.

Having it installed on my computer is great, i have learned loads already and i have only spent 2 hours on it. PHP is not as hard to edit as I thought it was.

Anyway thanks all

Tom

Hey all, just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. I have successfully managed to install oscommerce onto my computer using easyphp. I have only a few errors messgaes to fix, something to do with sessions and the sessions files not being available or exsiting. Not sure but playing working on it.

Having it installed on my computer is great, i have learned loads already and i have only spent 2 hours on it. PHP is not as hard to edit as I thought it was.

Anyway thanks all

Tom

how did you solved the problem with sessions? i am still getting fatal errors about sessions and can't fix it...

Archived