• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How will OScommerce fit into my website

jcisar

Hello. I installed oscommerce using Cpanel.

I did not realize until today that oscommerce isl a catalog as well as shopping cart.

So I am faced with the decision if whether to use oscommerce and dump my old catolog, or keep my old catalog and dump oscommerce. I have no experience with scripts and databases do I cant do any of my own custom work to blend the two.

As of now, I am currently testing (toying with) oscommerce until I make up my mind. And I am exactly certain as to how I will fit it into the basic ecommerce website I am building at the moment.

I need help in learning how I can link oscommerce with my navigation menu?

I want customers to acces my catalog from my home page, and be able to return from the catolog, to my website, upon checkout or for anyother reasons.

Thanks,

John

https://www.dumbdoggy.com

your best bet is to run osCommerce separately in development to see if you like the features, etc. once you know that then you will want to most likely dump what you hve and use osCommerce all the way.

just keep in mind the design. it is not an easy task, thus do not expect to have it looking like you want overnight, unless u spend lots of time and know what you are doing

your best bet is to run osCommerce separately in development to see if you like the features, etc. once you know that then you will want to most likely dump what you hve and use osCommerce all the way.

just keep in mind the design. it is not an easy task, thus do not expect to have it looking like you want overnight, unless u spend lots of time and know what you are doing

Hello.  I installed oscommerce using Cpanel. 

I did not realize until today that oscommerce isl a catalog as well as shopping cart.

So I am faced with the decision if whether to use oscommerce and dump my old catolog, or keep my old catalog and dump oscommerce. I have no experience with scripts and databases do I cant do any of my own custom work to blend the two.

As of now, I am currently testing (toying with) oscommerce until I make up my mind.  And I am exactly certain as to how I will fit it into the basic ecommerce website I am building at the moment.

I need help in learning how I can link oscommerce with my navigation menu?

I want customers to acces my catalog from my home page, and be able to return from the catolog, to my website, upon checkout or for anyother reasons.

Thanks,

John

https://www.dumbdoggy.com

Alright then. Thanks. :thumbsup:

your best bet is to run osCommerce separately in development to see if you like the features, etc.  once you know that then you will want to most likely dump what you hve and use osCommerce all the way.

Ok

Anyone here use CPanel?

When I was installing OScommerce with CPanel, I was asked to provide the secureserver host name. Is this my url? I didnt use my url, but used "localhost" instead. Was this the right choice?

Also, I have a private SSL cert on my site. However, When I open my catalog: https://dumbdoggy.com/catalog/... the page is wont load properl (i.e. terribly slow, content missing, colors are absent, etc.) However when I open my catalog non SSL at http://www.dumbdoggy.com/catalog/... everything seems as it should be. Is my OScommerce not configured to properly run on my SSL? And if not, how can I get it so that it will be, and without having to delete and reinstall everything with CPanel? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

John

Archived