• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database import. Step 2 fields assistance.

Scotsguy

Hi Guys,

Second thread in as many days regarding "New Installation".

Also checked ALL areas of your kbase for a similar scenario without luck.

Really, really at the end of my tether as i know it's a simple remedy, that i cannot get to grips with.

Would be grateful if someone could guide me through EVERY field of page 2 AND in simple terms, explain where i should put/make/find database file req. by osCommerce installation.

Below is what i have done and some additional info.

Database Import" step 2 Window.

Database Server: www.mysite:2082 (my host login inf..if this is not correct, could someone give me an example of the correct address that will access my host..also not sure how above would get by my password requirement window!.. Is "Localhost" an input i should be aware of?

Username: I set up a database folder/file as request by osCommerce, this setup was made in cpanel/server/sqldatabase section..is this the area i should have set the database in? (if not, guidance to where please!)

password: As above

Database Name: Again set up in the cpanel/server/sqldatabase area.

When i press the continue button, after a delay (i get the impression that it's trying to connect!), i get the message "Lost connection to MySQL server during query".

Explanations with simple examples would be most appreciated. (i'm kinda mentally drained with this exercise!)

Regards

Tom

Archived