• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Product listings

MikeJandreaudotCom

Currently I have the product listings set up as default. So it shows the model number, image, price, and buy now button. Can I change the way they're displayed to show more like the new products section? so they're in rows of two, with only the product image, name, and price?

If so, how. I'm sick, and feel like being lazy and not looking through all the search result pages. Sue me.

What's your TopFive? -

Well first off great attitude... But I will help anyway cause you sound like you don't have a clue, and after I tell you how to do it, you will still not have a clue ;)

In your catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php is where you need to make the changes. Scroll down to where its all outputed. Table out the text string and arrange what and how you want displayed in that table. Dont forget to close the table. Have fun :)

-Dennis

Thanks for your help. There's no need to be a douchebag about it. I understand HTML fine. What I don't understand is what php include calls what portion of each table.

Your help's not needed if you're gonna cop an attitude. You obviously don't take into consideration that not everyone knows as much as you do.

What's your TopFive? -

Well when you start out a post about your not going to search so sue me... but I am being a douchebag? I pointed you to the right spot on what you needed to edit. Then told you what part (the text string), and then told you to table it out and organize it the way you want.

Next time don't come on here posting you want free handouts unless your prepared to put forth some effort. People on here are more than willing to help you if you show effort and think for yourself...

-Dennis

Yea, that's helpful. Thanks, for nothing. as usual.

People always complain that no one uses the search feature on this board. Well, if it didn't give you 300,000 pages of results, I think more people would. Asking for help isn't something that should be so hard to get.

I didn't understand what you told me to do. There's such a thing called laymen's terms, which you obviously don't understand. Again, I don't need your help if you're gonna cop an attitude. I'd rather just leave it the way it is, working fine, without modifying anything.

What's your TopFive? -

Yea, that's helpful. Thanks, for nothing. as usual.

People always complain that no one uses the search feature on this board.  Well, if it didn't give you 300,000 pages of results, I think more people would. Asking for help isn't something that should be so hard to get.

I didn't understand what you told me to do.  There's such a thing called laymen's terms, which you obviously don't understand.  Again, I don't need your help if you're gonna cop an attitude.  I'd rather just leave it the way it is, working fine, without modifying anything.

Mike, have you considered hiring a programmer?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

[begin Hand Holding]

There is a contribution out that will allow you to make colums. You can edit it via the admin panel and make it rows or columns. The column display will basically show like the new products. Maybe this will suit you more.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...products+column

[/End Hand Holding]

-Dennis

What I was looking for is how to get the Product Listing to look more like the products_new.php page.

I am not sure if that's the same thing the original poster was looking for or not?

But anyway, I think the contribution you just sent would get a product list to be more like the New Products for October that's displayed on the main page, rather than the products_new.php that's displayed if you're a Logged In visitor clicking on the "new products available" in the greeting.

LMK if that run-on sentence didn't make sense.

:)

thanks

After a little more thinking and research, I did confirm that it's going to be as tough as I originally thought.

Now - for some of you guys, it might not be that tough but I'm seriously figuring out each step as I go.

You can see the same question here in this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115922

Basically, I need to take product_listing.php and products_new.php and do two things:

1. Compare the two to find the HTML I want for recreating the visual layout of "new" in the "listing" page

2. Modify the input params so that the "listing"-appropriate fields are displayed in the "new" layout.

Can someone confirm my thinking?

thanks, I really appreciate it.

Archived