• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

newbie stupid question

bigbuddah

I'll admit that I'm not an overly knowledgeable person about these things, but I haven't gotten a lot of help from my host, and the website designer...well, that was just a nightmare.

I've spent the last few months reading up on this board and think that I have solved the mystery of why our site wasn't working correctly.

I've downloaded the config.php file, modified it in notepad and saved it.

My question is now, how do I upload it onto my site?

I've gone into the file manager and hit upload, browsed until I found the file. But the file doesn't uplaod.

I've read in a few posts about getting some ftp thing, but will confess, this I have no knowledge of at all.

Could someone please help me out?

Hmm, strange that you can download it but not upload. If you are using a method of uploading, such as CPanel, then your host should assist you with that. If not, you may want to start looking for a new one. But for your immediate problem, you can download any number of free ftp programs, smartFTP is a popular one, that are easy to set up.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I tried the upload thing, maybe I need to delete the original file first?

Thanks for the advice, when I get home tonight I'll look for the smartFTP site. Hopefully it will help.

But yeah, we need both a new host and a new designer. Just need to recoup what we've lost thus far first. Which is why I'm trying to figure this all out myself.

Archived