• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Surely I can pay someone to do this?

Hi peeps.

My friend has a website at www.westwayproductions.com that uses the oscommerce system. The person who set it up is now on walkabout somewhere in Aus and so she asked me to "make a couple of changes" for her as I "know about internet thingy's".

The only problem is I am somewhat confused by the whole system. On the front page of her website she has some text that mentions free postage and packing. This is no longer the case so it needs to be changed but I can't find how to change that anywhere. Also she emailed me today and asked the following...

With the new product I have put on the website I have a problem (well with all of them really). If you go to the info page on a product & go to order it in the options at the bottom (cushion covers the best example) you have buy one for ........ or buy two for ........ but buy one is the first option & you have to click to get the second option, but with the gift wrap it is the ?3.50 that is the first option & if I try & add a second option it always goes below it. So unless people -opt out- they will end up paying for gift wrap.?

Please let me know how I can fix this. I don't want people to have to opt out of gift wrapping. Also is their a way of adding an option onto everything rather than doing every item individually which is very time consuming? Please help!!

Many Thanks

What I need is some advice for dummies as to how to fix these things.

I really would appreciate just any help you fine people could offer me right now :)

That section of text is located in your languages/english/index.php file most likely, depending on how it was added. All you need to do is go to that directory and search for that text. Once you find the file, just edit, save and upload and you should be all set.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived