osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with "Option type feature"

turus74

Hi,

my problem with the contribution:

My Shop looks like broken, after the installation:

http://www.global-photos.net/catalog/

When I want to insert the Product attribute in the admin area I get the following errot message:

"1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_type' in 'field list'

insert into products_options (products_options_id, products_options_name, language_id, products_options_type) values ('6', '', '1', '0')

[TEP STOP]"

I hope somebody can help me

LG Mike

you have problems with your configure.php file upon looking. try to reinstall again, let the installation procedure fill in the spots for you after you make the initial localhost, db name, username, password and selecting mysql for the database storage (last selection option on first page).

you have problems with your configure.php file  upon looking.  try to reinstall again, let the installation procedure fill in the spots for you after you make the initial localhost, db name, username, password and selecting mysql for the database storage (last selection option on first page).

What must I reinstall?

The complete oscommerce or the contribution?

I reinstall the oscommerce shop and he looks like the first install, but the other problem exists:

When I want to insert the Product attribute in the admin area I get the following errot message:

"1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_type' in 'field list'

insert into products_options (products_options_id, products_options_name, language_id, products_options_type) values ('6', '', '1', '0')

[TEP STOP]"

I hope somebody can help me

LG Mike

Hi,

yes there was something mssing in my SQL database.

Another Problem:

I can change the "Option Type" in the Admin Area, but when I select for example the type "checkbox" and update the product options, I didn?t see the checkbox on my Product page. I see only the normal drop down Option Type.

Whats?s wrong?

Thanks for your answers

Mike

Hi,

yes there was something mssing in my SQL database.

Another Problem:

I can change the "Option Type" in the Admin Area, but when I select for example the type "checkbox" and update the product options, I didn?t see the checkbox on my Product page. I see only the normal drop down Option Type.

Whats?s wrong?

Thanks for your answers

Mike

You've added the option to the product? It's a 2 stepper if you haven't. Add the option then scroll down, choose a product and apply the option to it there. Takes a litttle getting used to :thumbsup:

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

You've added the option to the product? It's a 2 stepper if you haven't. Add the option then scroll down, choose a product and apply the option to it there. Takes a litttle getting used to  :thumbsup:

Iggy

:thumbsup:

That is clear and I know this and I do this, but I get only a "Drop Down" Option Type on the product Site

:thumbsup:

That is clear and I know this and I do this, but I get only a "Drop Down" Option Type on the product Site

So you've added a check or radio button to your options, added it to a product and the check or radio option shows up as a dropdown?

If that's the case run back through all the steps in adding the contrib and verify they're ok cause I'm stumped.

Anyone else have an idea here?

Iggy

Here the link to the shop:

http://www.global-photos.net/catalog/produ...&products_id=28

There?s only drop down menus.

I would swear up and down that has to be a config error. Seriously, run through the install again step by step. Check all the code very carefully. Diff the files. Other than that I really don't know what's going on there.

I can give you some assurance that it does work. Drop me an email ( [email protected] ) and I'll zip them up and send them to you.

Iggy

Archived