• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple products -same option values

Hey all,

Stupid newbie here. I am trying to build a catalog and I have about 100 pictures that I want to offer reprints for to customers. Is there any way to batch the process so I can add the same options/values for all pics without having to actually set up the attributes every one?

In other words, I add a product (picture) I want to offer it at 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc. each size is a different price. No problem on one product.

Aside from being a different picture, the rest of the products (pictures) need the exact same options/values. The only way I can find to add size/price options is to apply every size and price value to the second picture, and so on.. As you can see, it would take forever to do 100 this way.

Is there any way to set up the same options and values on all products in a catalog or category without having to do each product seperately?

Thanks,

cgfrank

Attribute Sets is supposed to allow you to create a set of attributes and apply the set to a product.  I haven't used it.

ed

I have exactly the same problem for our on-line underwear site, we have 100's of products on here at verious colours and sizes, most of which are similar (e.g. same RANGE of bras with different product codes but all in same colours (e.g. red, black, white) and then 34 a, b, c, d, dd, e, f upto 44 a, b, c, d, e, f, g etc... u get the picture - in all about 35 product attributes for each product - very time consuming

how does the above 'Attribute Sets' thing work, and then worse of all if u copy one of those products to another (as a new prod not linked) it loses all the product attributes....

were on lates version (MS2)

silkyandspice,

My understanding is that you create an attribute set, like a set of sizes or a set of colors. Then, you apply the set to the product. If a product copy doesn't copy the attribute set, at least you only have to apply a set or two, not 35 attributes.

Good luck,

ed

silkyandspice,

My understanding is that you create an attribute set, like a set of sizes or a set of colors.  Then, you apply the set to the product.  If a product copy doesn't copy the attribute set, at least you only have to apply a set or two, not 35 attributes.

Good luck,

ed

where do u create attribute set - we have latest version ms 2.2 and ~I havent seen attribute set yet, but that does indeed sound like the one.

can u then apply an attribute set to a product (e.g. 3 diff colours and 30 diff sizes) BUT then for the odd product, remove one or two of the applied attribues (e.g. 34A/B/C leaving rest and maybe ADD one colour on top without affecting the ORIGINAL att. set?

Archived