• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning Re: configure.php

tolbak

"Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/colony/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file".

Please help me out.

I keep having this wrning in spite of setting CHMOD to 644.

Can someone tell me what else I am doing wrongly.

Thank you.

tolbak

Hello All

I'm getting the same security warning ( "Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/colony/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file". ) with chmod set to 706. Any suggestions?

Thank You

Best Wishes

RoyB

Hello All

I'm getting the same security warning ( "Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/colony/public_html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file". ) with chmod set to 706. Any suggestions?

Thank You

I have the same problem and I changed the settings to 444. I must be missing a few. Could someone give me the default sub directory names where these files which need to their settings changed can be found?

Thanks,

John

I have the same problem and I changed the settings to 444.  I must be missing a few.  Could someone give me the default sub directory names where these files which need to their settings changed can be found?

Thanks,

John

Hello John

I found this list in another string! Hope this helps! http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115575#

Best Wishes

Roy

Best Wishes

RoyB

• 3 weeks later...

This worked for me give it a try

Q: Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /www/u/usernamne/htdocs/osCommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

A: In a new PHP file, insert the following:

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

save as chmod.php and upload to /catalog and /admin (just to be safe). Then access the pages in a browser ( www.domain.com/pathto/catalog/chmod.php ) and you'll be set.

Archived