• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning

Nasi23

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/pivot/public_html/pivot/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Hi all,

Im getting that warning and i set permissions 744 but i still keep getting.

Please help

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/pivot/public_html/pivot/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Hi all,

Im getting that warning and i set permissions 744 but i still keep getting.

Please help

Right click on configuation files veiw propertys and tick box to set to read only.

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

644, or some hosts need 444. I have a Protection of Configuration contrib that gives you admin control over the protection - handy when you want to update the files. Doesn't seem to work on all hosts, though.

644, or some hosts need 444.  I have a Protection of Configuration contrib that gives you admin control over the protection - handy when you want to update the files.  Doesn't seem to work on all hosts, though.

I changed to 644 and 444 but it didnt work still.

Check it out for yourself

http://www.pivot-etc.com/pivot/

I dont know what to do....

I did everything but its not working.

I dont know why its not working, and i dont know why it started it, because i have installed it like a long time ago and today when i checked the website i had that message there.

Please someone help!!

Thnx

On many hosts, you cannot set the protection to 644 or 444 from an ftp client - it has to be done locally on the server or with a script. The change will seem to be accepted, but it will have no effect.

You can try my contribution, or upload this file as setprot.php to your pivot folder and then open it in a browser:

<?php chmod('includes/configure.php',0444); ?>

Archived