• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

quick question on shopping cart enhancement

Hi, I have seen in the tip & tricks area how to add the price of a product's option to the option listing. so you have:

Product

-option {option price}

I love it as it makes it much easier for my customers to understand. I have recently been thinking if there was a way to do the same thing with the product price.

right now for the product price it show on the far right under total (which is the price of the product + price of options). I like this, but would also like to add the individual product price as well so that you have something that looks like this under the products area of the shopping cart:

Product {individual product price}

-option {option price}

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have been playing with it, and can add in another column called unit price, but would really like to have the price right next to the product name.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi, I have seen in the tip & tricks area how to add the price of a product's option to the option listing. so you have:

Product

-option  {option price}

I love it as it makes it much easier for my customers to understand.  I have recently been thinking if there was a way to do the same thing with the product price.

right now for the product price it show on the far right under total (which is the price of the product + price of options). I like this, but would also like to add the individual product price as well so that you have something that looks like this under the products area of the shopping cart:

Product {individual product price}

-option {option price}

Does anyone know how to do this?

I have been playing with it, and can add in another column called unit price, but would really like to have the price right next to the product name.

Thanks,

Doug

Just an update.

I have been able to get the price where I want it, but now I have 2 questions.

What I did was change line 133 from:

' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'].'</b></a>';

To:

' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'].'</b></a>'. $currencies->display_price($products[$i]['price'], tep_get_tax_rate($products[$i]['tax_class_id']), $products[$i]['quantity']).'';

What I would like to know is:

1. Is this ok? (I am a php newbie, and just used the code snipet from somewhere else and added it to the line..it seems to work, but I would like someone with more experience to check it for me.

2. Is there anyway to get a space in there? (i.e. it currently shows something like this:

24k designer Pen$12.50

what I would like is

24k designer pen - $12.50

does anyone know how to do that?

thanks!

doug

Archived