• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Editing Oscommerce Pages

Andge

Hi,

I'm trying to edit the oscommerce default pages, to do things like put in my own logo etc etc, and I have info on how to do it but one part I don't understand is how do I set the right user permissions? Some code has to be changed to 777 but I have no idea how to get to it to change it.

Can someone who's done it give me a breadcrumb trail please?

Andrew.

if you have shell access, either through telent or SSH, you can issue the following command from commandline.

chmod 766 <filename>

If you don't have shell access, you can use your ftp client, like smartftp or filezilla. If you FTP in, and right click on the filename, it should allow you to change the permissions.

If you need additional help, feel free to ask.

Hi,

I'm trying to edit the oscommerce default pages, to do things like put in my own logo etc etc, and I have info on how to do it but one part I don't understand is how do I set the right user permissions? Some code has to be changed to 777 but I have no idea how to get to it to change it.

Can someone who's done it give me a breadcrumb trail please?

Andrew.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

if you have shell access, either through telent or SSH, you can issue the following command from commandline.

chmod 766 <filename>

If you don't have shell access, you can use your ftp client, like smartftp or filezilla. If you FTP in, and right click on the filename, it should allow you to change the permissions.

If you need additional help, feel free to ask.

Ok, and how do I "FTP in"?

Andrew

I usually use a free FTP client, such as smart FTP or filezilla.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived