• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What unit is weight?

Shenphen

For the weight of an article, how does it work?

It is kilogrammes?

For a 500g article, shall I write "0,5"?

Thank you for your help  :)

yes

1kg=1

500 grams=.5

250gram =.25

4 oz=.25

8 oz =.5

12oz=.75

1pound/16 once=1 :D

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

In the stock install, weight is generic. It can be whatever type of weight you choose. When shipping, however, you need to be sure that the type of weight that your shipping module uses is the same as the type of weight that your products reflect.

Again, in the stock osC install, the only shipping modules included which rely on getting rates from a service are UPS and USPS. Both of these modules will expect the weight to be presented in pounds and fractions of pounds. This would mean that you would have to present 500g as 1.1 pounds. (Actually, there may be a switch in one or both which allows changing to metric - if so, you will see it when you set up the module in your Admin area)

If you use one of the other modules that comes with the stock distribution, you can call the weights whatever you want, but I think that you still will need to use the format "X.X" or "kilos.fraction of kilo", so I think your weight entry in the example you used would be 0.5

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Archived