• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

enable download

for the life of me i can't figure out why it thinks the directory is not valid. i get:

Warning Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: home/****/public_html/catalog/download/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

i checked and the directory actually says home/public_html/catalog/download,

so i went into configure.php and deleted the **** portion, but it still threw the same error - what stupid mistake am i making?

i have tried searching the forums for a similar post, but have found nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you,

eva

i have followed download instructions and set permissions correctly.

this is what i have in configure.php:

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG','home/****/public_html/catalog/',

dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

This is my portion as yours and mine works so I cant see any issues in the config as such, except I have a forward slash in front of my supaplatinum? :

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/supaplatinum/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

• 2 weeks later...

joker,

unfortunately, i hadn't changed my email address on oscommerce until today, and just realized you replied to my message - THANK YOU!

such a simple thing makes all the difference - it now works (well, at least i'm not getting the error anymore:)!

i am just about to upload my actual downloadable material - do you have any words of wisdom (or do you know anything about the download controller - why i would want to install it or not install it?)

thanks again:)

eva

Archived