• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Session_start():Cannot send session cookie

I've recently copied my hosted server copy of OSC overtop of my local machine copy (in an effort to restore my local copy to be in sync with my hosted copy). I've gone in and changed my config files and am now receiving this error.

I've checked that define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql' is inplace in my catalog/includes/configure.php file and have looked into my admin/configure.php file but cannot see a define line there to change.

Here are the two errors I'm receiving:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\database_tables.php:118) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\database_tables.php:118) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

What am I missing?

For the record...I've seen a couple postings that discuss this error but they all say to edit the define line in both configure.php files. I've done that (at least on one) but there's only one configure.php file that has the define lines.

both configure.php files carry the same database information at the bottom of the files and therfor should have the stor sessions define that you are looking for, if the database information is missing from the admin/includes/configure.php then the database information will need to be copied from the catalog/includes/configure.php

another possibility for the headers already sent error message is caused by whitespace.

Header Whitespace

download the file catalog\includes\database_tables.php open it and place your cursor after the last ?> then press delete several times, save the file and upload it.

Do not use the file manager to edit online as this can cause the whitespace.

instead use an ftp program such as ws_ftp to download the file to a local machine and edit then upload using the ftp program

If you require more information then Click

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived