• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Step 7 installation problem

eraniopub

dear members

i installed php 4.3.9 and Mysql as a system service. i have win xp pro with iis.

i create in mysql empty database scheme called 'oscommerce' and assign a user with password and all the privilages.

i put the oscommerce files in the public directory and run the installation proccess,

in level 7 it display me this error:

New Installation
osCommerce Configuration

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/oscommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(c:/inetpub/wwwroot/oscommerce/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oscommerce\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261
The configuration was successful!

i looked back in the forum for few hours and didn't found any solution. i found that maybe i need to edit manualy the configure.php files in the catalog directory, so i changed these files to look like

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');   define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'myname');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'mypass');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'oscommerce');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); 
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql');

it didn't help. please let me know if you know any solution or clue about it.

thankz,

eranio pub.

Archived