• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout without registering

John.nl

Firstly my compliments to the developers. This webshop software is really great!

What I would like is an option in the admin menu to switch off the registration part for new customers. I want to make it as easy as possible for people to click & buy.

I think it should sufficient for the customer to provide a shipping address without the need to fully register.

What do you think?

Kind regards, John

This functionality is given by the contribution PWA purchase without account, the contribution is available in the contributions area, a link to which is at the top of this page.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

This functionality is given by the contribution PWA purchase without account, the contribution is available in the contributions area, a link to which is at the top of this page.

Thanks, even better than what I wished for! Tho the installation procedure requires some confidence :)

Thanks for pointing to the contributions, it contains a LOT of nice extras.

yes many additional features and add-ons are available in the contributions area and the ever expanding Knowledge Base serves as a useful starting point for information.

Some contributions install instructions can seem a bit daunting at first, this is where making sure that you keep a backup of your files and database pays off in case that you cannot get a contribution to install or function as you would like, you can then use your backup files and database to bring you back to the working state prior to contribution install attempt.

If you are having difficulties then you can allways post in the forum or just do a search as no doubt someone else will have had the same issues and a posted resolve made.

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Personally, I don't see the value in the PWA contribution. The customer *still* has to provide the exact same information, minus a password, in the exact same order. The only thing missing is the 'create account success' page, and the ability for customers to see their 'acocunt details'. On the downside, you can't direct customers back to your website to check their order status or tracking, becuase they can't login. Furthermore, you lose the abiltiy of reporting on the customers, becasue their detilas are deleted from the database.

I think rearranging the checkout, removing the create account success page, and perhaps elmininating one of the 3 addresses the cusomtomer provides, and perhaps combining the checkout shipping, create account, and login pages might be a little more prudent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Personally, I don't see the value in the PWA contribution.

It gives them another option, other than "Register with us" or "Don't buy". I am sure that I have read elsewhere in the forum that some have had a double-figures percentage increase of completed transactions as a result of installing it. I know which result I would rather have :D

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

Archived