• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recovering test install

Hello all,

I've got two copies of OSC running. One hosted server side and one on my local machine.

The install on my server side is just as I want it, however, there are a few changes I'm looking at making and would like to run tests on my local machine first.

My local copy is already messed up and I would like to wipe it and start over. Here's the question. Can I just lay my hosted copy over my local copy and update that way? Or, is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks for your help.

I would remove all the files from your local directory placing them in a folder on your desktop, just in case you do need them. Then download the dircetories/files in your servers public_html directory and place them in your local directory.

The only things you should have to reset is the configure.php files (which you will have a copy of on your desktop).

If needed don't forget to download the DB also and install that locally.

HTH

Peter

I would remove all the files from your local directory placing them in a folder on your desktop, just in case you do need them.  Then download the dircetories/files in your servers public_html directory and place them in your local directory.

The only things you should have to reset is the configure.php files (which you will have a copy of on your desktop).

If needed don't forget to download the DB also and install that locally.

HTH

Peter

Thanks for the clarification Peter. :thumbsup:

Archived