• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heart on Sleeve Clothing

heartonsleeve

I would change the background color and make the text area of the screen wider. I am on 800x600 and it looks skinny, on 1024 it is getting hard to read the small print. Your featured stuff page is the best, can you do that with all your products?

I can't look at the color any more though so that is it for me. Great products :)

Peter

I got a bit confused because I discovered the old site too (with the green background).

I can see some good things taking place but they are are the moment being rather overwhelmed by the background.

One thousand hearts displayed on a page is about 999 hearts too many.

As Peter says, the text area could do with beiing wider

Well, I think I'm going to make it wider and maybe add a little more color to the site. I don't think I'll completely lose the hearts in the background, but maybe make them blend in a bit more so they don't pop out at you. Just to give the background a little texture, instead of just a flat color.

However, I'm not going to change the look of it because it "looks like it's set up for 13 year olds". That's because I'm not looking to attract many adults. I'm not looking for 13 yearolds, but the mid teen, to early 20's. I think that it looks pretty well set up for that age group. And if I'm wrong I don't make any sales, then I'll change the layout.

Thanks for that advice, though. I've got my admin protected now and I'll probably get it widened up the next time I get the chance.

*bump*

Alright, I've fixed the width and added a few colors to the site.

I still need to work on some images and some css.

...could anyone recommend a contribution for a category description for each category? (sorry if I'm not supposed to ask that here)

Much better than before, your text such as "Cart Contents | Checkout" is very hard, no impossible to read. Also "powered by Heart on Sleeve Designs

and OsCommerce" doesn't really show up. Maybe a bigger darker font would be better. Do you need Gender and DOB in your create account page.

Peter

*bump*

Alright, I've fixed the width and added a few colors to the site.

I still need to work on some images and some css.

...could anyone recommend a contribution for a category description for each category? (sorry if I'm not supposed to ask that here)

Yeah, I know that some text is hard to read. That's why I said I need to do some css changing.

I don't especially need the Date of Birth, but I'm interested in what gender is mostly interested. Right now, I'm pretty sure it's girls between the ages of 14-21 or so, but when I launch the new cart, I want to see what happens because I'm also launching some new things with it.

Thanks for the positive feedback, though.

There isn't any conflicts with any other browser?

I agree with the text... I can't read most of your links. Just blurs on the background to me. However, I have a eyesight problem with contrast so colors near to each other just blend into one mess. This however applies to pretty much every link on the page. All I can read is the main text.

Looking at it too long actually gives me a headache because I know the blurs are text but can't read it.

• 1 month later...

I personally love the color scheme, and the hearts. And think that you're targeting your market very well. You hit me with it!!! I'm pretty sure I'm seeing an updated version, but incase I'm not... I love the width of the site. :) You did a great job.

Pretty good looking site... you colour scheme goes well together.

Question about one of your products (here).

It reads "Herbavorous Rex". Do you mean "Herbivorous"? If not, is that an in joke, or a play on words or something? If spelled with an a on purpose, you might want to say why in the description, or else you might confuse potential customers.

Pretty good looking site... you colour scheme goes well together.

Question about one of your products (here).

It reads "Herbavorous Rex".  Do you mean "Herbivorous"? If not, is that an in joke, or a play on words or something?  If spelled with an a on purpose, you might want to say why in the description, or else you might confuse potential customers.

Acutally, it was a mistake on the design... :blush: But I've got a bunch left, so I'm trying to move them and it seems to be working pretty well.

Thanks alot for the positive feedback everyone. I really appreciate it.

Archived